USAID’s Developing Sustainable Tourism in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Turizam) aims to accelerate economic growth in the tourism sector, which will lead to more jobs, provide sustainable income for producer organizations and tourism-related companies, help to change the “BiH brand”, and have a positive spill-over effect to other sectors; such as agriculture, transportation, and environmental protection. The Activity will fuel broad-based tourism-driven economic growth and promote social harmony by capitalizing on its rich cultural heritage and distinctive nature. It will support the Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) tourism industry to quickly recover from the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and set it on a robust growth trajectory toward a sustainable tourism economy. In achieving this overarching goal, Turizam focuses on the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Enabling Environment with the Harmonized Policies and Regulations Necessary for Noticeable Growth in the Tourism Sector Established
- Objective 2: Tourism Quality, Services, and Branding Strengthened Resulting in Improved BiH Tourism Industry
- Objective 3: Tourism Service Providers, Agriculture, and Other Tourism-Related SMEs Gain Improved Access to Finance Resulting in a Substantial Increase in Investment
- Objective 4: Tourism and Agriculture Products Gain Increased Access to Regional and Global Markets
SUMMARY OF PROJECT INTERN’S DUTIES:
The project intern’s duties will support project implementation, research, communications, and business development. The project intern will provide support to the team in the implementation of the activities that will be agreed upon on a weekly basis and prioritized together with the intern’s supervisor. Internship at the project will provide the intern with valuable exposure to a variety of aspects of working with an experienced team of international development professionals, which will contribute to the sustainability of the project impact through the new generation of business and development professionals.
The project intern will report to the Destination Marketing and Experiences Development Team Leader or his designee.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Intern’ s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create event registration forms, invitations, surveys, questionaries, and evaluations of the same.
- Follow up on event registrations, meeting confirmations, etc.
- Translating the documentation (ENG/BHS)
- Update the existing database
- Conduct desktop research to identify potential signature experiences of Bosnia and Herzegovina and validate details per experience and experience provider (contact details, offering, links to social accounts, etc.).
- Conduct desktop research across websites, travel blogs, and social media channels to collect high-resolution photos of Bosnia and Herzegovina that could be useful to USAID Turizam for planned promotional efforts.
- Support the itineraries creations & narrative content development for diverse purposes (Destination Website, Signature Experiences, Herzegovina Wine Route etc.)
- Follow up on meetings (meeting forms, recaps)
- Create the infographics and short versions of the documents of importance
- Updating the list with proof (screenshots, links, etc.) of international agents selling Bosnia and Herzegovina itineraries across their platforms, helping the team to fully the yearly set goals and indicators
This position is located in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Fluent BHS required; fluent English required;
- A passion for international development, sustainable tourism development, communications and marketing.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- An attention to detail and willingness to take on a variety of project
Upload your CV and motivation letter (in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian language) at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Internship_Application by Thursday, December 7, 2023, 17:00.