Resilience and Innovation Summit
6. June 6 and 7, Sarajevo
Travel and Tourism is the third largest industry in the world, significantly contributing to global economic growth and job creation, as well as encouraging cultural exchange and understanding. The Resilience and Innovation Summit is set o be the premier international travel event in Southeast Europe for 2024, drawing global industry leaders from the Balkans, Caucasus, Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and beyond. The summit is a platform for exchanging best practices and exploring business development and investment opportunities in the travel and tourism and its connected value chains in the region, with a special focus on Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The program for the summit is segmented into two thematic days. The first day is dedicated to the theme of destination resilience, emphasizing the critical need to understand and capitalize on global market trends, and adopt environmental, social, and governance imperatives to drive sustainable growth. The event will delve into methods to enhance the resilience and profitability of businesses, destinations and the global travel and tourism industry and its connected industries.
The second day will be organized in cooperation with Travolution, shifting focus to innovation in the tourism sector, engaging the tech sector of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Southeast Europe to foster entrepreneurship and explore innovative digital solutions for global tourism that may be scaled up and adopted by clients worldwide. The summit will also provide a distinguished platform for regional start-ups and businesses less than two years’ old looking to propel themselves to the next level, through an incubation-led pitching competition.
- Strategies For A Resilient And Profitable Industry
- Driving Destination Investment And Finance
- Catalyzing tech entrepreneurship in the travel and tourism value chain
- Digital solutions for global tourism challenges
- Understanding Business Risk And Mitigation
- ESG Imperatives For Sustainable Development
- Destination Management And Destination Marketing
- Capitalizing On Destination Assets For Economic And Social Gain
- Nature and Biodiversity In Destination Differentiation
Who should attend?
- Hoteliers and hotel investors
- Tour operators and destination management companies (DMCs)
- Banks, private investment firms (equity and venture capital) and private investors
- Government representatives
- Tourism boards and business associations
- Technology firms wishing to expand into the travel and tourism market
- Airlines and transport companies
- Wine, food and beverage producers and wholesalers
- Educational institutions and students pursuing business, environmental and tourism studies
USAID’s Developing Sustainable Tourism in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Turizam) is a five-year project working on comprehensive destination development, including advancing human capital in the tourism sector, improving access to finance for tourism businesses, developing innovative tourism products, harmonizing policies and regulations for business competitiveness and revolutionizing destination branding and promotion.
The Global Travel and Tourism Resilience Council erves the worldwide travel industry, facilitating planning and preparation for crisis response, recovery and resilience issues. The Resilience Council is a network and forum for governments and businesses, bringing the public and private sectors together for the development of sustainable frameworks to enable business growth.
Travolution is the first B2B media title in the world serving the fast-growing and dynamic online and travel technology sectors with a standalone brand. Travolution pioneered coverage of the sector and rapidly gained a dedicated following within challenger brands and established firms facing the challenge of a paradigm shift in the industry.